The huge pile of specialty beads for my sunflower wall hanging is starting to go down a little. I absolutely love the effect I’m getting, but it’s slow work. I think my next project will be a little smaller, just for quicker gratification!
The beads were in little variety pack bags, on sale at the local bead store and they couldn’t have been a better mix for me. Here’s where I’m at right now.
I started out with dark thread, but the little bits that showed were just too dark, so I switched to red. Even with the green beads, the overall effect works better than the smoke color.
I’m not planning on encrusting the sunflower petals, but drawing up lines of beads in various ways out towards the end of each petal. This project is exciting to me because it’s so different from anything I’ve ever done before and yet, it’s so ME. I can’t wait to see how it turns out but it is soooooooo s….l…..0…..w….!