It took a week’s worth of newspaper to get the wax mostly out of the fabrics, and there were only 4 small pieces of fabric. I also did a hot water rinse in a bucket before I ironed. I won’t do that again…it makes a real mess and I don’t think I’m going to bother scraping wax off the bucket–it’s a goner! Unless someone has a better suggestion, I’ll be saving my newspapers and doing a lot more ironing.
Here are the results of the soy wax experiments:
All in all, I’ve decided that I love playing with the soy wax, making designs and patterns but I hate cleaning the wax mess out of the fabrics. I need to do more research on the best way to do that and I obviously need to do more, more, more experimenting with waxing designs. It’s going to take quite a bit more thought than my usual slap-dash dyeing and I’m intrigued with the challenge!
Here’s a little cheer for dye days! Fun, learn, and happy happy!