Working on that bag!

Yes, there definitely is a reason I don’t make lots of bags. The first wrong thing I discovered was that I had carelessly cut one piece too short. And I didn’t have a big enough piece of the screen printed fabric to cut another one, ’cause I went ahead and cut everything out before I started sewing.

What to do…what to do…piece an extra inch on to the small piece? Add a third fabric to the mix? After a frantic search through my fabric stash, I found what I was hoping for…an oddball piece of the black and white print that was big enough for what I wanted. Hooray! I’m so confident of the screen printing now that it took me only minutes to print that fabric and cut a new piece. The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry! I worked on O rings and cord guides and the pocket while waiting.

And, of course, as soon as I cut out the new part, I remembered that I had cut the inside pockets out of that same fabric and could have used that piece. Duh! Oh, well…it increased my self-confidence that I could so easily create more unique fabric!

I made good progress and I have the pieced parts of the bag body ready to go.

Here's the bag pieced and ready for assembly.

Here’s the bag pieced and ready for assembly.

Whew! My brain is so tired after following all those instructions that I need a break! I think I’ll need a nap before I can get to the actual construction of the bag components!

I’ll get back to you with what I think will be the hardest part of this project!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Working on that bag!

Comments are closed.