Weekly Specials…on track

My goal of one small piece per week hasn’t been right on track at all. I started out strong, but got busy and it kind of stalled. Well, I’m getting close to back on track…a couple of finishes this week have helped.

Hydrangea 1

I’m calling this a hydrangea and it was almost a disaster! I’ve been gluing these onto the painted canvases and using wood glue with no problems–until now. I got a little heavy-handed with the glue and it bled through in a couple of places. Aaargh! Luckily it dries slowly and is water soluble. I soaked it, rinsed it, soaked it, swished it around and ALL the glue came out! Hooray! Dried it, pressed it and mounted it with tacky glue and a light hand. Phew!

Hydrangea 1 detail

See…can’t see a problem even in the detail. I am sooooo lucky!

I also finished up this dandelion and I just love the little green beads that I added. Which, of course, are not visible from a distance.

Dandelion 1

But look good in a close-up!

Dandelion 1 detail

I have three more that are just waiting for the paint to dry on the canvases and then I’m ready to start on a different type of Weekly Special. Probably a pieced background with a large focus bead…that sounds interesting for a few future pieces!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Weekly Specials…on track

    • Those that cover the entire canvas are easy, as I can put a coat of glue on with a foam brush. Those that aren’t quite that big get the glue on the piece, especially on the corners and that is where it’s way too easy to get too much!

      On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Quirks Ltd. wrote:

      >

      Like

Comments are closed.