Yep–I knew it was wrong when I was doing it. As I cut the fabric, I tried to convince myself that it would be fine. As I began sewing, I told myself that it looked all right. I turned the binding to the front edge, and I really tried HARD to think it was all good.
Nope–no way–unh-unh–ain’t working!
This is where I left off…almost assembled and ready for quilting.
I put it together, which was also an exercise in why I don’t like templates and got it ready to quilt. That is what made me decide that I don’t really want to do this 4 times and make a 4 block wall hanging!
First thing this morning I got at the quilting. Leafy vein type stuff for the leaf parts–
–and simple meandering for the outside edge.
That’s when I took the wrong step. Really didn’t want to spend time hand sewing a facing so I thought I’d put on a binding–a green binding! Oh.so.bad!
Here–get a better look at this bad boy!
Glad I left quite a bit of extra fabric around the edges when I was making this, because it was easy to lop off that totally offensive green. Now I can go back and do it right!