Started with a pile of scraps today because I wanted something in blue. The first thing I made was a simple strip set background–and I used up all seven royal blue strips that I found! Success! Probably needs some paint on it, right?
The rest of the pile had a slight bit more variety, with a single strip of green, shiny Radiance thrown in.
I started with a single strip set and cut it into pieces, added other pieces, turned and cut and got a Weekly Special size piece.
But there were still pieces of fabric on the table. So back to sewing and slashing and turning and there was block 2!
Not much of the scrap pile left, but still too much fabric to throw away. Keep sewing…
And I’m not sure there is enough left in this little pile to make another one.
But I think that if I have three similar blocks to embellish and turn into Weekly Specials, I won’t be looking too hard to turn those scraps into yet one more block.
Of course, the scrap basket these little bits came from isn’t even close to empty, but every little bit out of the basket helps! And now I need to get out the beads and embroidery threads and add some special finishing touches to these little blocks. So much fun…