All that whining about how long the beading was taking, was just that…whining! It really didn’t take that long to finish the piece, a few days, off and on.
Then I started playing with background choices. This was my original plan, for all the damask pieces.
There is barely enough contrast for this to work, but I easily found a better choice, which-alas!-didn’t photograph particularly well! I didn’t set up any good lighting!
Much better and now I only need to decide if I want a simple quilted background, or plain fabric and whether or not it will be mounted on canvas or left as a tapestry. I’m leaning toward quilted and mounted.
I took another look at the first piece I beaded also.
It totally fades into that background and even a strong teal outline on the napkin would not be enough.
This is much better, but I’m still thinking that perhaps just the beaded strip might be better than the whole square.
Or maybe that strip and the cut off portion mounted with a gap between them…but I’m not ready to make that cut yet!
I’m feeling good about making some real progress. Finishing decisions are only a few steps further along the design path and there will be totally finished pieces soon…I’m gonna challenge myself to have 3 of the 5 done in two weeks and all 5 done before my next teaching trip in 5 weeks.
Uh-oh–that quick look at the calendar made me realize how close my Artisan Showcase really is. It sounds like a lot of time when you say October 22, but when you look at the actual days and the pile of unfinished pieces…uh-oh!