Continuing on with snowmen…I found that my shortcut doesn’t always work. Some of the roving that I have does NOT want to felt when I put it in the bag. I had two balls that looked like this one.
Fortunately, despite what it looks like now, this is not a disaster. After it dried out, I simply smoothed it over as best I could and added another layer of roving. The needle felting worked and it ended up looking like this.
This is the other ball that misbehaved in the wet felting attempt. I turned it into a camouflage effect (I might know someone who would want it!)
THIS is how they are supposed to look when you take the wet felting shortcut.
I can’t tell you which type of roving misbehaved, since much of what I have was given to me. For me, it’s just a guessing game, trial and error and part of the process.
My little family of snowmen were very well behaved when it came time to pose for pictures, though. Not a one of them protested!
And it’s bitterly cold today, so they should be very, very happy!
Now…on to a different style!