Scrappy brights wrap-up

This pile of scraps was the start of the last scrappy bright quilt!

I was tired of these same fabrics before I started on my mission to use them up, and I’m totally sick of them now! But I got 5 baby quilt tops done from the fabric, so I feel good about that. I’ll put the pics in here, but they really look very much alike!

I probably should put a border on each one for a bit more stability, but I don’t have yardage of anything that would work. I do have a little bit of this scrap stuff left, but it’s in slightly larger chunks and I think I’ll throw that into the backs, or piece one back, and then I’ll be totally and completely done with these fabrics. Whew!

My goal is to get them backed and basted within the next week and quilted by the end of the summer. I still want to get my grandson’s hockey quilt quilted before summer is over, also. And, no, I don’t have a long-arm, so it’s wrestling everything on my domestic machine. It will take more than a couple of hours, but that’s why it’s called a goal!

The scrap mess is cleaned up and the table is cleared off.

I am ready for the next fabric adventure, whatever it may turn out to be!

 

Advertisements