I have to remind myself of that fact whenever things don’t go as I had planned. And this project did not go as planned from the very beginning. From purple to red to turquoise, it was constantly changing. And now I’m trying to figure out how to take it from mostly traditional to a little bit funky!
Pretty much gave up on any fancy quilting. Trying simple repeated lines in the setting triangles.
Simple but they look fine. Then I thought I’d try some couching, since the ribbon didn’t work………
It really did nothing and I’m becoming a ripping expert on this piece! I decided to try the ribbon again, with regular rather than metallic thread and a better presser foot for applying it.
It does not matter what you use, ribbon yarn does NOT lay straight, stay straight or care what you want it to do! So, it’s done and looks fine, but not perfect. I can live with that!
Really couldn’t think of anything else to add that would improve the piece, so all it needed was the remainder of the setting triangles to be quilted.
Finishing that up, putting some binding on, and calling this one done. I’m not at all sure what I will do with it, but I’m thinking someone will like it more than I do. It just never measured up to the picture in my head.
And then I put the binding on, which was the same light turquoise as the back, and it looked bad. So I slapped a round of ribbon on top of that and now it is done!
Yes, done is much better than perfect, any day of the week. Looking forward to whatever the world puts in front of me next!