I’ve been trying to use more of the fabrics that I have altered for my pieces. Hand dyes count! There are several partially done pieces laying on my worktable and I need to get them done, so I charged right in today.
I grabbed a scrap and cut it into smaller snips and laid them on this piece. I liked the turquoise, but the design itself might not work.
And then I dropped a piece and it turned over and lo and behold! It’s a print
And it looks so much better! I remembered getting it as a small accent piece from a friend in a workshop and this is literally all I have of it! Lucky me to have found it today.
As I said, I am not sure if this is the final design placement.
It’s pretty symmetrical, which is not my style, and maybe even a bit cliche. I have to play around with it a bit before I add any stitching to it. But then I got distracted……as usual. No wonder I always have partial pieces laying around.
As I picked up these pieces to move them out of the way, I decided that they would look good together as a little strip set. So that’s what I did.
And then I found a bit of this and a bit of that and put it all together and I’m liking it!!
Working improvisationally is soooooooo much fun. Takes a while longer, but it’s exciting every step of the way.
So now it’s time to get some stitch embellishment and some beads on these and get ’em finished. I have another show coming up and I need to replace a couple of pieces that sold.