As I pressed and sorted through the leftover project fabric, I found that I really did not want to use ALL that color. I did start with only the black/white pieces. Here is what I had to begin with…
and how I laid them out for my initial cuts.
After I got started, I really didn’t stop for any pictures. This next pic is how I eventually put together the pieces I selected.
I did not want this to be stiff with fusible, but I did not want to seam it all together. I wanted it to be assembled collage fashion, so I connected the pieces with very narrow strips of fusible and then top stitched.
Simple, simple quilting and none of the embellishments that I originally planned on adding.
And now that’s it’s all quilted, I’m not sure I’m happy with it.
I truly hate the idea of ripping out that center panel of quilting, but I think a simple ‘bridge’ line with a tree sketch might look better. I have to think about it before I commit to such a radical ripping session!
However, I have used the fabrics that I loved the best from my leftovers and the rest are retired back to the stash. Looking forward to what will distract me into my next project now!