Designing Quilts · Dyeing Fabric · Quilting · Use Up the Stash

Keeping it simple

As I said in my last post, my daughter thinks we’ve used up all the luck in the old hockey quilt, so I MUST make a new one. There are so many variations of flying geese quilts that even after I had decided on that, it was hard to figure out which one to use.… Continue reading Keeping it simple

Designing Quilts · Fabric · Quilting · Thinking About Quilting!

Hockey goose

Since my grandson is playing for a new team with different colors this year, I thought I would make a new hockey quilt. Nothing wrong with the old one and it doesn’t have team specific colors…I just want a new one with his team colors. And no hockey players on my fabric this time either!… Continue reading Hockey goose

Art Quilts · Color · Life · Use Up the Stash

Slowly working

The weather has been delightful lately and I’m getting interested in my neglected flower beds again. When that happens, the sewing slows down a lot! I wanted to get a project started with my orange fabrics, but when I got them off the shelf, I found that I didn’t have much variety of color value.… Continue reading Slowly working

Art Quilts · Color · Dyeing Fabric · surface design · Use Up the Stash

For today’s experiment…

I have had this raw edge woven piece and this packet of gray dye in my piles of stuff forever. Each always waiting for the right project to come along. Baloney! They could wait forever so today is the day we are going to try out that dye. Of course none of my dye experience… Continue reading For today’s experiment…

Color · Designing Quilts · Non-traditional Quilts · Quilting · Use Up the Stash

SCREEEEECH! Halt. Sharp Turn!

The design of the Carpenter’s Angles quilt was finally cranking along, coming together really well. This morning I decided that I wanted to feature that large star and actually make a second one. That will be the focal point of the design. I need to decide if I want identical stars or stars with opposite… Continue reading SCREEEEECH! Halt. Sharp Turn!

Color · Contemporary · Fabric · Quilting · Use Up the Stash

Here we go again

It’s distraction time…but I never feel like it’s a distraction. I was determined to select another watercolor painting to combine with fabric and continue my experiments in that direction. I have also settled on my gear dye prints for a handwork project. It should be full speed ahead with the painting. Well….I’m a daily reader… Continue reading Here we go again