Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Non-traditional Quilts

Sometimes fast is good!

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I dither and dither and procrastinate on decisions ALL.THE.TIME! And then a project comes along that falls into place so fast my head spins! That’s this one, which I believe was orginally a try at improv New York Beauty. I had them finished… Continue reading Sometimes fast is good!

Fabric · Non-traditional Quilts · Quilting · Thinking About Quilting!

Glimpse a scrap…

My studio was calling my name today and I went down with the intention of making some string scrap flowers. I had a couple of methods that I wanted to try out so I cleared the table of extras and that’s when it happened! I put fabric on one shelf and a glimpse of bright… Continue reading Glimpse a scrap…

Art Quilts · Beading · Quilt Design · surface design

Dragonfly days

My collaborative experience at Touch of Home daycare led to a week’s worth of dragonflies! That’s what we made that day, from beads and I was inspired to create one on a fabric background. Had a bit of an issue figuring out the wings, but when I remembered and found a nice silvery thread fabric… Continue reading Dragonfly days

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Handwork · surface design

Cool and funky or flaky?

My dragonfly experience at the adult daycare got me totally inspired and ready to create. I had a small background piece ready to go……so I got going. I added lots of ribbon, yarn and thread and came up with this for my basic background. Not quite enough, so when I got back to it today,… Continue reading Cool and funky or flaky?

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Learning New Things! · Non-traditional Quilts · surface design

Rush to finish

For some reason, I felt pressure to hurry and finish the little pass-around piece I started at our KEQ meeting. That’s strange, because sometimes I just do the exercise of the day and never look at the piece again. Let’s see…we met on Thursday. By the end of Saturday I had this much done. I… Continue reading Rush to finish

Art Quilts · Learning New Things! · Non-traditional Quilts

Learn to turn

Our project at our last KEQ meeting was to bring a small started piece that we would then pass around. Each person would add something of their choice to each piece as it was passed. We had done this before, with each piece being passed with a set of embellishments selected by the owner to… Continue reading Learn to turn

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Non-traditional Quilts · surface design

What to do with leaves…

Still working on several things at once, but some are getting close to done. I have a set of sugar skulls ready to mount and get wired. A couple more still to work on, but I think I need a break from them. I got the lawn (weeds!) mowed and took a few moments to… Continue reading What to do with leaves…

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Handwork · Shows

Bits and pieces, again!

Because I almost always have several projects going on at the same time, the finishing parts get done at different times also. I finished up the last of the leaf pieces, label, sleeve and all! These 2 quilts were made a little while ago, to use up scraps. Almost immediately, I found out that my… Continue reading Bits and pieces, again!

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Life

Slogans and clichès

So many motivators–a simple google search brings up hundreds. Some days I can use EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” —Nelson Mandela “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” —Tina Fey “You see, in life, lots of… Continue reading Slogans and clichès