Art Quilts · Beading · Quilt Design · surface design

Dragonfly days

My collaborative experience at Touch of Home daycare led to a week’s worth of dragonflies! That’s what we made that day, from beads and I was inspired to create one on a fabric background. Had a bit of an issue figuring out the wings, but when I remembered and found a nice silvery thread fabric… Continue reading Dragonfly days

Designing Quilts · Learning New Things! · Life

Collaborative Art

When the information for this project floated across my screen, I was interested but skeptical. It’s a call for artists to collaborate in an Alzheimer’s fundraiser. The parameters are incredibly open-ended and I like to make contributions for Alzheimer’s research whenever I can. I don’t typically make/donate art for causes or “exposure” anymore, but this… Continue reading Collaborative Art

Art Quilts · Designing Quilts · Non-traditional Quilts · surface design

What to do with leaves…

Still working on several things at once, but some are getting close to done. I have a set of sugar skulls ready to mount and get wired. A couple more still to work on, but I think I need a break from them. I got the lawn (weeds!) mowed and took a few moments to… Continue reading What to do with leaves…

Art Quilts · Color · Dyeing Fabric · surface design · Use Up the Stash

For today’s experiment…

I have had this raw edge woven piece and this packet of gray dye in my piles of stuff forever. Each always waiting for the right project to come along. Baloney! They could wait forever so today is the day we are going to try out that dye. Of course none of my dye experience… Continue reading For today’s experiment…

Art Quilts · Contemporary · Non-traditional Quilts · surface design

Faces and skulls

I love making fanciful faces in quilts and also love making those sugar skulls. I don’t make faces often because I’ve never been able to sell one. That bit of discouragement is partly what turned me to the sugar skulls. People really love those!!! Here are the 3 faces that I have available, just for… Continue reading Faces and skulls

Life · Thinking About Quilting! · Use Up the Stash

Rest for the brain

There are several types of mindless sewing that I enjoy doing. The first is to grab small pieces of fabric from the scrap baskets and start sewing them together to make bigger pieces of fabric. No designing–no planning–no fussing! Simple sewing, putting pieces together, smaller to larger. Totally peaceful and relaxing. My other favorite thing… Continue reading Rest for the brain