One more hole today–I want to do a triangle. Same method–main fabric and facing right sides together, stitch around the shape and clip the corners. Turn and press.
I’m feeling very confident with this technique now and this only took a few minutes to do. Seriously, it was about 5 minutes!
Decided to forge ahead and try to finish this one. Placed it on a variegated wool square, at an angle.
Rather than keep it all neat and tidy, I decided that I wanted frayed edges. And that I would do all my stitching by machine, not hand embroidery.
This is as far as I got—close to done.
Of course I want to add some beads, in and around the center section. I may add some hand stitching before I’m done, too. Don’t know that yet, but I’m happy with it so far.
All in all, I’m quite pleased with my hole-y quilt experiments. Lots of fun and I’ve increased my confidence in creating holes by quite a bit. I think there will be more holes in my quilts in the future.